Privacy Matters: Jersey Conference
Posted on 03/05/2019
We are proud to be hosting our second annual Privacy Matters conference. This year we have organised a two-day event that will take place on the 13th and 14th of June in the Channel Islands. For day two, we have booked the Orchard Suite of the Pomme d’Or Hotel in the centre of St Helier on Jersey.
We have chosen the Channel Islands for this event because of its unique location – outside the UK and the European Economic Area – and affluent business community. Companies with offices based in the Channel Islands will require representative services within the EU if they are processing personal data of EU citizens.
11.30am – 4.00pm, Friday 14th June 2019. The Pomme d’Or, Jersey. Book Tickets.
Coffee on arrival and a buffet lunch before the panel discussion and Q&A.
We are looking to bring together International Financial Institutions, Trust Companies, Investment Managers and HNW Advisors. Representatives of these institutions that would gain insights from our conference might include:
- Compliance/Chief Risk Officer/Data Protection Officer. Improve understanding of obligations under international data regulations and contractual requirements with other controller/processors.
- IT Security including CISOs and IT Managers. If you can’t prove you haven’t had a data breach: you already have.
- Human Resources Managers. Learn about safe and compliant handling of employee data.
Amongst the experts already lined up to speak at the Jersey event are:
- Information Commission. “Our community is based on trust and confidence.”
- Kennedys. “All your legally binding contracts might be unlawful, how will you know?”
- Cybsafe. “One link. One click. Game over! Don’t be a victim!”
- Sovereign Intelligence. “Your HNW Client’s data is being sold on the Dark Web!”
- Stackhouse Poland. “Insure against a ransomware hangover.”
- iComply 365. “I believe I comply.”
- priviness. “priviseal your future.”
- Jersey FSC. “Addressing the important overlap between privacy and financial regulations.”
Award Nominations Open
We are seeking nominations for an award to be presented to the person who has made the biggest contribution to data protection since the introduction of the GDPR. You can either enter yourself or nominate a colleague. Please email your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org – the award will be presented during the conference.
Book Your Tickets
Seats at the conference are free, but you will need to book your tickets quickly as we expect the event to be extremely popular.
Back To all catagories